Sunday, October 04, 2009


***Again, to anyone looking to book me for an adult video scene/project, please contact Type9models (www.Type9models.com).

I've lived in Los Angeles for about a year and 3 months now. I would have thought I'd have felt more at home by now and that I'd feel as though I "fit in" a bit more, but I don't - Below are a few reasons as to why I think that might be:

  • I don't go clubbing or out unless I can afford to.
  • I don't own many "designer" clothing items
  • I don't have any "designer" purses.
  • I refuse to ever wear acrylic or fake nails again.
  • I'm not going to lie about my age to be more "marketable" - I'm 30 and proud and look younger than most 26 year olds I've encountered here.
  • I'm not big on wearing a hair weave anymore.
  • I refuse to claim that I'm anything other than a black girl to improve my "marketablity".
  • I most likely will not ever get breast implants.
  • Fake eyelashes bother me a lot and unless a makeup artist puts them on me for a video/photo shoot, I will not wear them.
  • I'm willing to do quite a lot for money, but not ANYTHING.
  • I am taller than most men who live here (yep, at only 5'6.5" and I will not wear flats to make someone else feel more secure).
  • I'm not willing to play up to men that I know I'm more intelligent than.
  • I'm not willing to kiss anyone's ass (man or woman) to get a job.
  • I don't have a nice car - mine's fucked up and broken down, but paid for.
  • I believe in honesty and don't lie to get what I want.
  • I don't name drop.
  • I'm not willing to work with anyone unless I know all the details of the business arrangement (and until it's been put in written form) in advance.

    I'm trying to stick it out in Los Angeles for a while, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it.

    On a side note, I'm very disappointed in something I've heard through the grape vine about someone I've worked with in the past, especially being that I've spoken highly about their business to new talent looking to get into the adult business.

    Apparently this person has claimed to have been instrumental in the success of MonicaF.com - www.MonicaF.com has been active since 2002 ( 7 years before I entered the adult video world) and I built that site INDEPENDENTLY from the GROUND UP.

    Let me make this clear, NO ONE has helped me with ANYTHING having to do with www.MonicaF.com, or any of my other websites I own and run, so to ANYONE out there running their mouth about how they "made me" - you might want to stop (and grow up as well).

    I'll add, that I'm grateful to everyone in the adult industry world who has linked to my website and cast me and/or booked me in their scenes, films, projects, etc. However there is no 24/7 dedicated team currently behind Monica Foster (though that would help). Just me, in my apartment - solo - working every damn day online.

    The dream: