Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The power of thought - and choosing what to think in effort to manifest change.

Well, it's almost the end of the year but we're not quite there. I anticipate 2015 to be an extremely eventful year that I believe will usher in a wealth of positive change.

Being that I feel 2015 will bring about positive change, I've opted to lay the groundwork in my own life by changing how I think a bit.

Tonight the Ferguson, Missouri officer Darren Wilson was not indicted by a grand jury. Many people are reacting very badly to the situation and my initial reaction was no exception.  As an African-American (Black) woman I've always been EXTREMELY aware of racial, ethnic, cultural and religious differences...

Growing up in the environment which I did (in a predominantly "White" neighborhood) was the first phase of my life that shaped my perspective of what it is to be "Black".  Later in my early teens my point of view was altered by my mother moving my sister and I to the "melting pot" that is South-East Florida.  In my late 20's to early 30's I had a rude awakening as to how segregated "Blacks" and "Whites" truly still are (and the extremely bigoted mindset many Americans still embody) when I entered the adult entertainment industry in Los Angeles, California.

Realizing the hate many Americans still feel towards African-American's (Blacks) didn't effect me well... Tonight I honestly feel "hate" is a sort of "emotional virus"...a virus which I inadvertently caught.

I specifically became very angry and hateful towards those of the Jewish faith due to having been personally targeted and attacked by a small group of Jewish people over the past few years.  I don't feel I was completely taken over by the "hate virus", being that tonight I've come to terms with the fact that I need to make a conscious effort to change for the better, but none the less I did fall victim to it.

I'm a strong believer in the power of manifestation through thought.  I've experienced it's occurrence in my own life, so I feel that it's time for me to step it up a notch by no longer inadvertently manifesting outcomes through the emotion of hate.

I've made the decision tonight to no longer focus on elements I dislike in regards to race, ethnicity, culture or religion.  I acknowledge that the difference do exist, but at least for now I will not focus on the differences.  I will not delete any of my past blogs, websites, posts or creative works I've made on the subject matter up to the present because 1) it's a part of my personal evolution I want to share with the public and 2) neither I or anyone else can erase the past.  I CAN and WILL however make an effort to do better & create far more positive works in the future (as I hope whoever you are that's reading this opt to do as well).

I'm just one mind, but I have a strong mind and I wield a certain degree of influence over others, so I need to be far more responsible with what I think and what I share. I believe we can manifest a far better world through the power of thought - which is why we need to make a deliberate effort to control within ourselves what we think and how we feel (for the greater good of everyone and everything).