Saturday, August 16, 2014

I am angry.

In this blog, I will admit that I am VERY ANGRY.  I'm angry because on many levels I've been victimized, but I'm more angry that I haven't fought back as hard as I should have for many years to regain my personal power.  Tonight I went on a "twitter rant" and I believe it was my first solid step in releasing the anger I've been carrying due to many things I've noticed within the world that I've felt the need to restrain myself from sharing.

My views and observations are simply that of what I've experienced in my 35 years on this planet.  I don't expect everyone (or anyone for that matter) to agree with me.  I don't need anyone to.  I don't expect a shred of support. I understand completely how I will be labeled as prejudice, intolerant, unforgiving, hateful, etc... and I'M FINE WITH IT.

I see how in many instances it's better to keep your opinions to yourself - especially if you want to be monetarily "successful" and "fit in" in this world.  I just wasn't created to be that way and I will not apologize for it.

I don't have an issue with taking responsibility for or being punished for anything I've genuinely done that's been wrong and without just cause because I'm not the type of person to do anything wrong without just cause.  It's not in my nature.  HOWEVER I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH BEING TOLD THAT I AM WRONG ABOUT ISSUES, EVENTS & INDIVIDUALS THAT I KNOW I AM CORRECT ABOUT.

When I don't understand something, I look for an answer and I ASK for an answer.  I have ALWAYS questioned things that I don't understand which is what's led me to become an independent researcher on a variety of issues.  It's the pursuit of the truth that turns me on more so than anything in this world. I LOVE learning systems and how things work - that's how I was created to be.

Within the United States of America (and maybe the world as a whole), people are being encouraged at an ever increasing rate NOT to question how things work.  I feel that people in general are being told to just sit down, shut up and be accepting of whatever is given to us by whoever is in power.

I'm not OK with that.  I don't feel God designed me and sent Jesus Christ to die for me to tolerate such an attitude.

I don't expect many people to relate to how I think, or be as I am - it's far easier not to. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be cast out from much of society and viewed as "a problem", than to not have shared my perspective or opinion.  

Maybe rather than saying to yourself "oh, she's just a typical ANGRY BLACK WOMAN" - maybe you should question, "How did the stereotype of ANGRY BLACK WOMEN ever come to be?  What and who exactly prompted certain Black women to BECOME so angry?"  

I'd say that this blog which goes back to 2007 will tell you the answer...at least in part.