Friday, June 04, 2010



Screw personality - Good male genetics smell great! To a woman who's 31, single and without children, a healthy male smells REALLY good - especially when you're intoxicated.

Last night I had the pleasure of hanging out with a good friend of mine, Miss Julie Meadows (check out her blog - it's great). I'm very fortunate to have met her, because honestly, before I had, I'd pretty much lost faith in people who live in Los Angeles. She and her husband are a great example of the fact that it truly is possible to be down to earth and "real" in this city of superficiality.

Anyways, Miss Meadows had me over for some kick ass meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I haven't had meatloaf in a VERY long time. I've actually never had meatloaf that I liked before, but I LOVE Meadow's meatloaf. Why? Well, because the woman has true culinary talent AND she made it with tomato soup/sauce! YUM!!!!!!!!!!

After dinner her husband showed up with a nice piece of man meatloaf. LOL. Just kidding - well, not really. He'd been out with a friend of his who simply was very refreshing (from my perspective) to come across.

Earlier in the evening in fact, Miss Meadows and I had a good conversation in regards to dating, and natural selection - and the movie "Species" was brought up. When I think of that movie, it always makes me laugh - in a bit of a diabolical way... If I'd been the primary character in "Species" tonight, Miss Meadow's husband's friend would have be in trouble.

Even though the piece of man meatloaf I encountered tonight, made me go a bit "Species" in a psychological way, fortunately the wine I had toned me down a bit.

Being 31 is interesting - especially being that I live in Los Angeles - land of the "pretty male". On a biological level, I think my body is DEFINITELY in breeding mode (my sex drive is extremely high at this point - luckily I have a strong mind and sense of self so it's manageable), but psychologically and mentally I'm running in the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, I'm having the time of my life right now, however I'm very grateful to have a good head on my shoulders and for birth control methods.

Another great thing about Miss Meadows and her husband is that they have a great couch to crash out on when the wine over takes you. Thanks guys!