Saturday, September 26, 2009

Usually it's when I sit on my patio watching the traffic go by that I really think about where I am in life, and what I need to do, to get where I see myself at around 60 years old.

"Know thy self."

Somewhere in the bible, it's touched on that you need to know yourself and I agree. I think part of knowing yourself is that within, there's always conflicting elements. You can't be all good, or all evil. It's all about the "Yin vs. Yang". Without having certain elements of yourself that are dark, you can't realize what's light. Without having elements deep down that are selfish, you can't figure out how and when to be selfless.

Nowadays I'm not certain as to whether you need a true "balance" after all. I think it's all about figuring out what's really right for you, at whatever point and place in life that you are.

As time goes by, I'm starting to realize that it's OK for me to embrace certain qualities within, which may be viewed as "negative" or "dark" by many, simply because I'm beginning to realize that many of those viewing and judging me, are just as "fucked up" and quite often less evolved and much more naive than I am. As my tolerance level decreases, I'm nearing the point of truly not caring what anyone thinks of my actions or choices, due to realizing that my life is just that - MY LIFE.

I suppose the one thing I'll always make an effort to do in life is to share my knowledge and experiences, because teaching and learning in my view are 2 basic duties you have as a human being. I've reached the conclusion however, that you have to be very selective as to both who you learn from, and who you choose to educate.