Friday, July 10, 2009

I had a really good "date night" last night (yes, I am still single BUT I am back to dating - a girl's gotta get out!). One thing I'll say about Los Angeles, is that if a night out, especially a date, if planned properly (and even if it's just loosely planned), really can feel straight out of a romantic movie or a show like MTV's "The Hills" or "The City" (I'll admit it, I LOVE and am ADDICTED to both of these shows - I watch them online).

California restaurants and night spots take it to the next level when it comes to the decor and the atmospheres that the venues seem to go out of their way to create. Even chains like The Cheesecake Factory step it up a notch out here in LA opposed to Fort Lauderdale.

I've been writing quite a bit lately about the transitions I've gone through since moving out here to LA. Along with going through a lot of life changes, I've also started to come to MANY self realizations.

I've found that I haven't been 100% honest (only about 50%) with myself about what I really want, how I want to be treated and what I am willing and not willing to put up with in relationships. I suppose that many women do that because the media is constantly saying that you have to "compromise" on so many levels when it comes to maintaining a relationship - especially a romantic one. Well I've finally figured out that if you find yourself compromising to a level of which you're totally always biting your tongue and trying to "wait it out", then whoever you are with is definitely not for you.

I'm going do a lot of soul work to get to that 100%.

My advice to anyone today: No matter what - in a relationship always say what's on your mind and always be yourself - no matter how crazy or psychotic you are cause the right person for you will never think negatively when it comes to anything about you. Don't worry about trying to adjust your personality in an effort to make them like you more, because if you feel like they don't like you enough to begin with, then you shouldn't bother with them anyways. The right person for you will go to great lengths to ensure that you feel great.

In other news, I'll be working on webcam all weekend and will probably be helping a girlfriend of mine plan a cool house warming party since she just moved into a new apartment. I LOVE party planning :)